Saturday, April 13, 2013

West Highland Story



Holly here, recently my lovely overseers discovered a breed of dog called the West Highland Terrier, who brilliantly decided to nickname themselves the “Westies” genius. Oh hey I’m an Eastie, or a Southie even a Northie, purebreds *cough* snobs *cough* are a pretty entitled bunch to come up with a nickname for their breeds, well two can play at that game. You know today I feel like naming my own (unique may I add) breed after myself, let’s see using Westie logic my breed would called the…Holl-ie…hmm… well I’ve gotten far off topic anyway the point I originally was trying to make is since these beastly cotton balls have come into my caretakers lives there has been nonstop talk about the dust bunnies. “Oh my gosh Westies are so cute!” gag. “Westies are my dream dog!” Hello? “Let’s kill Holly so we can get a Westie! *evil cackling*” Well okay so that one didn’t happen but it could you never know what could happen, these wolves in sheep’s clothing are deluding my owners minds!


I suppose I’m not being entirely fair, after all West Highlands are dogs, they are my kind and it’s not like they personally brainwashed my wardens (Though I’m warning you pooches if you did prepare for my wrath!) in the end really it’s my owners fault for succumbing to the cuteness, you know I thought that they were smarter than this, I thought they would realize that the depth of a dogs character is not defined by the length of their fur. Apparently not. You may find it juvenile that such an obsession would affect me in such a way but as I pass the age of eight I find it hard not to be envious of attention being given in such discriminate ways, I’m getting a gray snout you know. I don’t ask for much, but the undivided love of my owners would be nice. I’m not saying they have to look over me 24/7 (how would I write this blog?) but if they have to fawn over fluff balls could they at least have the courtesy to wait until I’m on a walk? Well that’s enough ranting for now, time to get some reading done, my new issue of Owners Monthly came in and this one’s special! Top 25 Owners to Replace Your Own With!

4 comments:

  1. I agree, Holly. Your owners obvious disrespect of you by going on and on about these lambs that bark right in front of you is disgusting. Why don't you talk to them about the elderly couple who live down the street and carry their dog in a purse and see if the appreciate it. I bet any talk of them replacing you will stop real quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! Dogs in purses are so cliche. What a great argument, my owners would hate to lug a dog around. But here's the thing; I can't exactly speak to them, typing is one thing but actually speaking I just can't do it...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents have a Westie. Adorable bugger. And easier on my allergies than most dog breeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree they are adorable, one of my middle school boyfriends was a Westie named Ceaser. Hmm, a hypo-allergenic dog... I wonder if that's part of the appeal. You know it makes sense now why my owners wanted one, what with three of them allergic to dogs and all. They didn't really want to replace me, just stop sneezing! Now to find out how to become hypo-allergenic...

      Delete